Welcome to the Sandling Primary Schools remote learning page where you will find all of the information you need. Should school be closed for a normal school day in the future, remote learning will be put into place. As a school, we use Microsoft Teams as an effective tool to offer remote learning. During remote learning we will also use Microsoft Teams to provide hard copies of work and record the live lessons so that you can access them at any time during the week.
Suggested tips for how to Manage Remote Learning
- Start the day properly: get dressed and have breakfast;
- Create a timetable and stick to it. Routine is very important for all of us;
- Make sure your timetable includes breaks and time for play. Try have breaks in the fresh air even if it's by an open window;
- Stay properly hydrated through the day by drinking lots of water;
- If your child is accessing work on Microsoft Teams make sure they are ready in the lobby before the live lesson begins;
- You should build in time for some physical exercise. The Body Coach, Joe Wicks has video sessions on YouTube. If your child finds it difficult to calm down after this kind of activity, try mindful colouring (you can download colouring pages from many websites) and listening to calming music for 15 minutes;
- Limit screen time when your child is not in live lessons and make sure you have the appropriate settings on your child’s device;
- At the end of the day, reflect on all the positive things your children have achieved and praise them for it. Share it with family, friends and email teachers using the class email address;
- Mental health is extremely important. Listen to your children and remember the importance of fun and creative activities. Young Minds https://youngminds.org.uk/ website has some tips for parents;
- This is a really great time to read some books and share the stories with your children.