A Young Carer is a child under 18 who regularly helps to look after a family member or friend who is disabled, ill, has a mental health condition or addiction problem.
Children may engage in:
- Practical tasks (cooking, housework and shopping)
- Physical care (lifting or helping someone use the stairs)
- Personal care (dressing, washing, helping with toilet needs)
- Managing the family budget (collecting benefits and prescriptions)
- Managing medication
- Looking after younger siblings
- Helping someone communicate
And / or have limited access to activities outside the family home due to the needs of the family member they are caring for.
Sandling Primary School can support young carers. If you, or a family member, needs support please contact Mrs Arnold. All contact will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Contact details for Mrs Arnold: Telephone 01622 763297 email: email@example.com