PE Vision Statement
At Sandling we recognise the role that PE has to play in promoting a long term healthy lifestyle which is both enjoyable and fulfilling. We aim to provide a high-quality physical education curriculum that inspires all of our pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. Through our physical education culture we will enhance academic achievement, as well as the health and well-being of our pupils and by doing so, directly impact improved progress in reading, writing and maths.
We want to provide opportunities for our pupils to become confident and physically literate in a way which supports their wellbeing. In addition to this, we aim to provide opportunities for children to compete in sport and other activities in order to build resilience and embed values such as team work, fairness and respect.
Our PE and sport aspires to build self-esteem, teamwork and leadership skills enabling each child to be the best they can be by:
- Improving health and well-being
- Providing high quality opportunities and outcomes for all
- Encouraging community involvement
- Promoting active participation and competition
- Raising achievement and supporting excellence
As a result of our PE and School Sport audit we have identified areas for improvement and we intend to spend our Sport Premium money from the government on supporting the development of these areas:
- Improved partnership links with other local schools. This includes subject specific support and expertise from The Lenham School.
- CPD (continuing professional development) for staff.
- Encouraging the children to make healthy lifestyle choices which can be measured by attendance, punctuality, school meal take up and levels of club participation.
- To integrate the values and context of sport into the wider school ethos.